Overboard by Elizabeth Fama

As the title explains: overboard.

It is a survivors story. You should know that by now. If you go to the Countdown for Books Page and click the title, you'll get the info and front cover of the book. if you click the author, you can email the author, and if you click the website, it's her official website, I guess.

The book, is good. Not bad, not amazing, good. I mean, I liked it, a lot. But it's not a favorite. But it is a page turner, lemme tell you. 

Oh, and by the way, the countdown for books goal is over. I mean, though it's still November, I've still reached the goal of 55 books. Actually more. Goal successful.

Anyhow, back to Overboard

The beginning was boring. I thought I wouldn't like it. But of course, being me, I kept on reading it. Good thing I did. Good book. Recommended.
You could, kind of, sort of, slightly, a little bit, know about Baja Indonesia (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and Banda Aceh. 

It would be cool to have parents who travel all over the world to treat people's sicknesses. I think they worked for some health-helping-the-world-program or something. 

How in the story, they survive to get to any island, any island possible, just to survive. It was so inspiring, should I say (don't worry, I don't mean that I want to jump into the ocean and try to survive) to survive, that will to stay alive, with her and Isman.
But you see, all characters in those kinds of books (surviving, adventure, etc,) are brave. An unusual spunk. I mean, imagine yourself in that situation, how you're in the ocean, sinking, floating back up, the choice of suffering to live, or to die. I would be scared to death. First of all, there would be no covers to hide under. Then, I'd realize there might be sharks. So, I'd scream, and pray. Then, I'd be tired.
I don't know how I would survive. But I wouldn't die deliberately like that woman who killed herself. I'd be so scared, but I wouldn't want to die. Who wants to die? For rest, for peace? But when you're dead, you can't feel that, can you? You're dead, and that's it. I'd want to spend a little more time on Earth before going to Heaven, wouldn't you think?

It all depends on if you want to live, if you want to survive or not. There's this one story, how there was a huge mall that collapsed, right over the shoppers. For like seven days, I don't know how long, but after a while, a few days, they searched the place for survivors. Yeah, I think it was like two weeks, or one week, I don't know. But it was more than 5 days, I know that. Anyhow, they searched, and most people had given up in surviving, and died. But these two kids, boy and girl, high school, I think? Kept believing that someone would come and save them, that someone would help them, that they wouldn't die, and they had that will to live, when others gave up and decided, oh well, I'll die, what's the point? And just left themselves there, just died willingly.  

It's so inspiring. So much people are caught in an accident, but they are alive, so they're survivors, but even though they had that gift, that chance to live life again, they die, because they don't have the hope, the will to live.

The book is like that. That will of Isman and Emily to live, is alive, you can feel it, as you read. When they go into the whirlpool, you can feel how they're so desperate to live, to survive.

I hope you read this book, and I hope you enjoy it. 

Written by Elizabeth Fama, published by Dell-Laura Leaf, Random House Children's Books in New York. Copyrighted in 2002.
(I learned in school you have to include the publication information before citing it. I'm just doing this, just in case. :) )