E+ Best of What’s New

Tooooooooooooooooooooday’s essay is going to be….

Drumroll, please…
doodoodoodoodoodoo….

BEST OF WHAT’S NEW (you probably already knew that) GADGETS!

This is an article-ish thingy from the science magazine, Popular Science, in the December 2011 Issue. This issue shows the 100 best innovations of the year. And they categorize the ‘best innovations’ into about ten groups. The group I’ll be writing about is the “Best of what’s New—Gadgets.” The contributors to this article/list/explanation are Tim Gideon, Corinne Iozzio, Steve Morgenstern, and Darren Murph. The Gadgets group has ten inventions—to list them all, they are
> Lytro Light-Field Camera
> Eye-Fi Direct Mode (SD card)
> Kyochera Echo (Android Phone)
> Looxcie Live (Video-Cam)
> Nvidia Tegra 2 (Android Batter Extension Chip)
> Sony Alpha SLT-A77 (Camera)
> Wacom Inkling (Tablet)
> Orobotix Sphero (RC Toy)
> Blocks Buster (E-toy)
> (There’s Probably a Tenth one, but I can’t seem to find it amidst all of the scattered paragraph layout. Sorry, Tenth One.)

They range from Cameras to electronic toys. But which one is truly the best, and which one do I think is the best? I guess it’s all different depending on the person, but to me, me who likes drawing and writing and notebooks, I would choose the Wacom Inkling as the best Gadget Innovation of 2011.

I guess I’m kind of biased towards it because of my views and interests, but I honestly think that the Wacom Inkling is absolutely AWESOMEISTICALLY an astoundingly, profoundly, amazing invention/innovation. Phones and cameras are cool when it comes to new additions and updates, but the new innovations are just improvements—a double touch screen, or a quicker shutter. Although, I have to admit, being able to change the focus after taking a picture is pretty cool. But I think that the Inkling is by far the best. The inkling is a whole new idea and invention. It can be so easily accessed and used for so many different purposes, and it would probably benefit if not all, most of its users.

Even me (if I had it). It brings the real art world and the digital art world together. Often, I find myself debating over whether I should use a notebook or Photoshop. I want to upload my drawings onto my website, but I also want a hard copy. Scanning isn’t good enough for uploading, and printing a drawing from Photoshop doesn’t give the same effect on paper, either. It often creates lots of self conflict, and I end up either regretting my choice, or wondering how to transfer that drawing on Photoshop onto my notebook so I can carry it anywhere I want.

The Inkling also eases the burden of losing a drawing or sketch, especially if it’s for an important job. If I had an important car sketch in my notebook that I drew for the next meeting, and I lost it, in most cases, I’d have to either find the notebook somehow, or redraw it. The Inkling gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling in your stomach that yes, you have another copy on your computer. Even better, you can improve on it using Photoshop or Illustrator.

What I find awesome about the Inkling is that you can use layers. It is just unimaginable that someone could come up with such ingenious idea! Simply brilliant, to my opinion. You can draw and create new layers and upload it onto your computer to edit layers and lines and colors, while still having the good feeling that you’ve used the traditional method to draw this, too! It’s combining the real and digital world, as I’ve said before.

It would be awesome if the Wacom Inkling can have another series with colors, and even with a pencil. I’m not sure if the Inkling now lets you browse through layers and draw on a prior layer, but if it doesn’t, Wacom should probably improve on that in their next version. Surely then, the Wacom Inkling will become an indelibly dominating art-related technological invention of all time!

Here is the Featured commercial video of the new Wacom Inkling, the AMAZINGEST TABLET-Y INVENTION! :D

Here is a drool-summoning picture of the Wacom Inkling.

 

 

Okay, bye! :D