And Then There were None by Agatha Christie

I know; I didn't post last Saturday (or Sunday, or whatever). But I will make it up by posting twice this week. Early and late of this week.
But forgive me, I'll be quite busy on Saturday due to a piano competition. I might post on Sunday.

Today's writing will be

ohh.

I have no idea.
This is strange; I've never not had an idea in my mind before.
Ugh.

(Maybe I've forgotten yet had a faint idea, but not really blankness.)

Oh! I know. It doesn't have to be writing, right? So I'll write about the book we're reading about in school.

We are reading a book called And Then there were None by Agatha Christie. It's a mystery novel that she wrote quite a while ago, whose title was changed twice due to its politically incorrectness and offensiveness.

Okay. SPOILER ALERT.

There. That was a nice and clear admonition. Those who have not read it, you really don't want to read any farther than this, because this is a mystery novel, where 'who dies' and 'who doesn't' really matters.

Anyway, I've already read this book before, quite a while ago, actually, around fifth or sixth grade. So I knew the ending.

Well, basically, it's about a bunch of people who indirectly killed someone. They 'killed' them in such a way that evidence couldn't be brought up for or against them, and they were claimed innocent of the crime. Those people are brought to an island, each invited by a friend or an acquaintance who was temporarily out of contact with them (meaning that each person couldn't exactly talk to the person and ask them if they sent it). They get to the island, and realize that the place's atmosphere is not one that was referred to in each of their invitation. One person was invited by a friend so that they could talk about old times, one person was invited to come to be a doctor and try to help someone's health, etc. Each come for vastly different reasons, yet they get to the island (called Soldier Island) and realize that the other people on the island are people they have no relations with and have never seen or met before.

After this, they begin to realize that somehow, they are trapped and the boat (which usually come regularly every morning) stops coming. They are trapped on the island with only the ten of them. (There are ten people.)
Slowly, one by one, they each die and they realize that the "Mr. Owen" (the person who invited most of the people on the island) is responsible for all of this.

And in the end, they realize that it is one of them. Someone among those ten people is this mysterious "Mr. Owen" who kills each person following a grotesque poem titled "Ten Little Soldier Boys."

Yeah. I just pretty much wrote a summary.
And I don't know why I wrote "spoiler alert" because now that I look at it, there really aren't any major spoilers.

But anyhow, just in case. If you haven't read the book and you're still reading this post, then I'll tell you: you really haven't gotten too much of the book spoiled, so don't get too upset. All of the scary/creepy/mysterious details are in the book; it's still worth reading.

So yeah.

Bye!