"love"

To let you all off from the non-fiction style writing that I exhibited in the previous post, here is a smidge of my prose poetry.




"love"


“Love,” I say carefully, juggling the syllable in my mouth, tasting each letter and flicking my tongue over the bitterness, over the sweet and the sour of the vicissitudes riding each letter, letting each curve of the thought bend shapes and create curves in my mind. I whisper it again, softly, letting the wind whistle past my tongue, through my teeth, graze my lips, letting the song of its blinding colors shoot from tongue to ear to heart, from one thought to a birthing of emotions, a sort of sweet that makes you cringe, swallow, then gasp for air because you want some more of it again. I let it rest on my heart, let it dance with my unsteady thoughts, teach steps like a patient teacher, let it peer through my tinted glasses, through the fogged mirror through which all I see is you, you, you; I say the word again not because I’m not sure, but because I want to feel those forbidden candies ache my molars and pain my heartbeats once again.