Midnighters- By Scott Westerfeld... Finishing it off.

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE BOOK, DON'T READ THIS ENTRY. BECAUSE IT TELLS YOU THE END AND IT SPOILS THE BOOK. AND YOU DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN, DO YOU? BUT IF YOU DON'T REALLY CARE, THEN NEVER MIND, JUST PRETEND THAT THIS MESSAGE DOESN'T EXIST... =D



Just to finish it off. I haven't mentioned what I thought about Midnighters yet, but I have mentioned what a good book it is. And it is a good book. Really. It creeps me out, though. As I mentioned in the previous, (or before the previous) it is so other-worldy that it creeps me out. But it's pretty cool. The idea of everything. I don't know HOW this author (Scott Westerfeld) thought of these brilliant ideas, including the Uglies series. 


It scares me a little bit how in the end, Melissa hears that evil, obviously sinister mind that says, "We must have Jessica Day." That's probably what leads the problem to the next book. Don't worry, this book doesn't end here! There's a second book. I believe it's called Touching Darkness by... Scott Westerfeld. You should know the author's name by now. I memorized his name, too. Well maybe not too because I don't know if you DID memorize the author's name or not. 


It would feel cool to be like Jonathan. Did I mention him in the previous? Maybe, maybe not. But anyway, it would feel cool to fly. Well not fly, just glide. But anyway, it would be really cool. And I would like to try to be Melissa for once. Maybe not. Maybe. I might want to see my friends' minds. Or maybe like the old saying, Knowing more than what you know may give you more harm than good. Or is it a saying? I don't know. Anyway, maybe not Melissa. Definitely not Rex. I've lived with glasses enough. I don't want to be half blind. DEFINITELY Jessica, because now the darklings can't harm her. Because of her new special power of the FLAME BRINGER. Did I mention that? You probably know it, but anyway, I'll just explain. In the secret hour, technology is "not allowed." Meaning, the darklings made the secret hour because they want to avoid technology. So why let technology able in the secret hour? They just excluded it from their list of STUFF DOABLE AND AGREEABLE IN THE SECRET HOUR. Not that there's such a list. But the flame bringer, as you may have guessed, could use technology in the secret hour. So Jessica just happens to be one of those people. If she uses a flashlight, it turns on. Even in the secret hour. So she brings her flashlight around to kill the darklings. 
And, I would like to be Dess. I wonder how it feels to just know all of those complicated math. She would be the top smartest math person in the world! Well, if she's the only polymath on Earth, I mean.


Midnighters was exciting and fun. A great spookyish otherworldy book to read. If you haven't read Midnighters, I strongly suggest reading it!