Touching Darkness -- By Scott Westerfeld

And this breaks the "spell" of the so-far-one-titled-titles. Because this one (book) is titled Touching Darkness... TWO WORDS...
Anyway, Touching Darkness, as you may have guessed (or maybe not), is one of the Midnighters series. The second one, in fact. And to tell you the truth, I finished reading it already. Well you should know that if you check on the countdown page (on my blog) every once in a while. Back to the subject.

I'm going to write like I didn't finish reading it yet. And it is going to be true, what I will comment. Because I have a notebook that I use to record what I think about it and why and you know... I write it right at the instant I read it. So... it's "real."

Okay, this is starting when Jonathan and Jessica see the stiff in front of Jessica's house, taking a picture at the time. Maybe he was acting like a stiff. Or maybe he knows something. Obviously. But how? Why a photo? Why, out of all of the midnighters, Jessica?
And when Dess misses sleep. I was frightened. Well not literally. You know. How? Maybe it has something to do with the man with the picture who is following Jessica. Somehow. But let me note, Dess is a pretty amazing mathematician. She would be a mathematician, when you see her skills. Adding and subtracting is as easy as saying "Hello" to her. When it comes to the part where Dess tries to figure out something (I'm still not really sure what... It's too much complicated math), my head was spinning. More than spinning. I just pretended I understood. Because sometimes, it's better not knowing something than knowing it. How could you measure time in inches? Yards? How could you time space?
Back to REGULAR stuff an average 6th grade human can take... I just remembered, maybe the man has something to do with the previous book, when in the last part, Melissa hears someone say "We must have Jessica Day." Maybe that's the man that said that. And speaking of that man, his house is creepy. He probably somehow works for the darklings or something. And it creeped me out when it came to the fact that Rex will soon become that halfling or something. Scary. But probably he wouldn't. One of the main characters wouldn't be gone to the "bad side," would they?
Note: The following information is a quote from a book.

" 'Not for her. You.' Melissa turned on the headlights, stared out the front windshield. 'She's sick, probably dying, and soon they'll decide they need another one and come looking for you.'
He blinked, shook his head. 'What . . . ?'
'Think, Rex. They can already fly, they can already mindcast, and they hate math.' Melissa pulled onto the road. 'She's a seer.' "
                                                                                                  --Touching Darkness, Scott Westerfeld