6TH BOOK - Touching Darkness -- By Scott Westerfeld -- THE END

WARNING: TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT YET FINISHED READING THE BOOK. DO NOT TRY READING THIS BLOG ENTRY BECAUSE IT CONSISTS OF SOME INFORMATION WHICH SPOILS THE FUN OF READING THE BOOK. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS MIGHT CONTAIN SOME WORDS THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO KNOW THE ENDING. THAT WOULD NOT MAKE READING THIS BOOK FUN, WOULD IT? SO TRY NOT TO READ THIS BLOG IF YOU DID NOT YET FINISH READING THE BOOK TOUCHING DARKNESS BY SCOTT WESTERFELD.


You probably were really mad that I suddenly finished the previous entry. I did that on purpose. Don't worry, I have good hand-eye coordination when it comes to accidentally clicking "PUBLISH POST" on the computer. I did that on purpose. Ended the previous blog suddenly. So you would be mad, for one... (no, just kidding), and for making it suspenseful. But it wouldn't be THAT suspenseful if you already read it... I mean, if you read past the part where Melissa says that Rex is a seer and he would be the next on the darklings' list of "who to capture."
I am going to end this book really quickly. Because... Well... I already read it a long time ago and I want to quickly get to my current book.
The book was scaryish. Especially when Rex turns into a halfling or whatever they call it. It surprised me. I didn't know that Rex would become a darkling. Halfling, actually. It must be scary to become a halfling. I had bad dreams for a long time. Usually the main character (or one of them) wouldn't switch sides in a huge "battle." Maybe not a battle, but you know...
And it was frustrating how I saw Dess know some information from Madeline and Melissa know some information from.. her powers, I guess. And how they didn't tell each other partly because they simply couldn't. If only they told each other. So they would find out the whole problem and reason more quickly. But it didn't happen.
And when Beth came into Jessica's room with reasonable reasons to how Jessica had been acting weird lately, I was really nervous. I was suspecting Jessica to somehow reveal the midnight secret to Beth. I would have been so guilty, I would have almost told her if I was Jessica. Good thing I wasn't Jessica in the book. Otherwise the whole midnight secret wouldn't become a secret anymore. Because I would ruin everything by spilling the beans!! Good use of an idiom there... =D  And speaking of Beth noticing things, it was slightly wierd how Jessica shoved Beth in the closet. Definitely. But I wonder how it feels like... Well this wouldn't make sense, but being both people at once. You look at one person, they're there for one second, but gone in the other. And the midnighter view, when you're in a long adventure and do whatever you want but there's this one person who is staring at you but partly isn't because they don't know they're staring at you because to them, time is frozen... How confusing...
I think this author has really cool ideas. Very unthinkable, but yet thinkable, because they are already thought of. Very good idea. One day, I hope to come up with an unthinkable but yet thinkable idea (because I thought of it...).

Overall, Touching Darkness was a good book. Very. And if you didn't read it (which shouldn't be), then I strongly suggest you reading it.
Good Bye for now!