7TH BOOK - new book - Gathering Blue -- By Lois Lowry

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK - GATHERING BLUE BY LOIS LOWRY - THEN PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO READ THIS BLOG ENTRY BECAUSE IT CONTAINS INFORMATION WHICH WILL SPOIL THE ENDING OF THIS BOOK. PLEASE CONSIDER NOT READING THIS ENTRY. THIS MESSAGE ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK. I'M WARNING YOU!!
I told you! I told you that by some time or another, one of my favorite authors will come up in this blog! And it did happen! (if you don't know what I mean, skim the side bars until you notice something that says something along the lines of "my favorite authors.")
Let me admit, this book was a bit short. A bit, as in, a little bit, not the sarcastic "bit" when you see your brother say that he can fly and he "flies" off of the second floor window and you say, "that was a bit too far, just a bit."
No, I mean, the literal meaning of bit.Well, it was a good book.
Oh, ... now that I look at it, it is long. Not too long, not the Harry Potter long or the Dictionary long. I mean the average 215-page long. It is exactly two-hundred fifteen pages long.

Gathering Blue
By Lois Lowry

The main character is a cripple. I'm not trying to be mean, of course not. Just saying. I feel bad for her. Her name is Kira. Usually you would spell it like Kiera or Keira, isn't it? Anyway, she is an orphan, and some people (especially a person named Vandara) wants her to go to the Field. The Field of something, I think, but I can't seem to find it in the book. It simply says Field. To my interpretation, the Field must be where they lay dead people (the cemetery or the graveyard).
I noticed that the author started with a small beginning and right into action. I don't know, but it seems all of the books I am reading (but the Midnighter series) jump right to the action and the plot. It doesn't flow smoothly and gradually into the plot. Sometimes, that is good, and sometimes, people don't like it that way. It is not good or bad in this book. Either way it would have fitted in this book. Just a something that I noticed...
Oh, did I mention that this book is in the future? But this is not the future I expected. Very not. In this future, the world was ended. Not literally, the type where the world is all messed up and people have to start civilization again. Well not all again, but to clean all of that mess up, because of either war and destruction or pollution. Well, here, in this book, the world was "ended," and civilization started again. Back to small villages, no cars, and they believed in beasts who killed people and were in the wild. By the way Kira sees everything, it is different. I noticed right away that the more syllables there are in your name, the higher esteem you recieve from the others. At first, you start with a one-syllable name, then two, as you grow, and then three, and if you grow up to become extremely important, four syllables. It was a rebuilding of the world.

I don't know if this book was the greatest I had read. It's an okay book. The idea and everything is great, but the ending was so sudden and unfinished. I like books that are "unfinished," since they leave a chill in you, making you wonder. But this just ended right when the best exciting part started. I sure hope the author made a second book to this book. Everything just happened. It made way for Kira and the plot to move along. Although some details were mysterious and interesting, I don't think this book is one of the best books she wrote. Definitely she wrote other great books, but this isn't one of them.
I wonder what will happen to Jo, and what will happen to Kira. I thought this whole book was about how Kira showed Jamison and the other Council of Guardians that they weren't going to get away with "using" the talented people and that Kira would almost rebel against them, showing everyone that sometimes, leaders did cruel things to get what they want. Usually, once you get into power, into big power, you may abuse it... And that is a bit what the Council of Guardians did. Not really. But it was cruel to kill those talented people's parents on purpose to get what they want. They could just give the child the equipment and tell them to do what they are to do, but never mind the parents, not kill the parents in order to have the talented person "all for themselves," to what I think the Council of Guardians are doing... I think so.

When the part came up where Matt brought a "small present" and a"big gift," I knew that one of them was the indigo. But I didn't expect the big gift to be so - big. Matt is kind, but at the same time, slightly ignorant. Anyway, when the "mysterious man" came up and was very kind, I suddenly knew that it had to be Kira's father, otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Matt would bring a blind man just because of the blueness of his clothing.

And another question. It is kind of out of nowhere, but I'm still trying to figure out what "iffen" means. If? If then? I don't know, but I just skipped it when I came across "iffen." I know, it's out of the blue, but I just remembered, and decided to include it in this entry... In case you don't know what I'm talking about, one of the "iffens" mentioned in this book is near the end. In my book, it is the second-to-last page. But the publishing might be different, since it is all published differently with different font styles and sizes. I'll quote it:

" 'I bet you could carry him,' Matt announced in a solemn whisper, 'iffen you want to.' "
                        Gathering blue, Lois Lowry                                           .


Overall, I would give this book a 4 out of 5. Pretty good.
Please tell me what you think about this book by rating this post. So when it looks like you are rating the post, you are actually rating the book.
PLEASE RATE, IF YOU READ THIS BOOK!!