My World


My World
Dragons blasting fire,
wizards casting spells,
talking animals,
frogs coming from wells.

A magical world of wisdom,
the dark place of evil,
wonderful discoveries of treasure,
conquering the devil.

Sounds of trumpeting horns,
celebration with singing swans,
a meeting of the king,
all that's far beyond.

Comfortable, legs criss-crossed,
flipping page by page,
and adventure by adventure.

Each having a significance,
and as I finish one after another,
I wonder.

Where is my magical world of wisdom?

With dragons blazing afire,
flying with the birds?
secret missions floating around?
Me, being in a mystery?

But I stop. I realize.
the place of my magical world
is here, on my bed,
comfortable, legs criss-crossed,
A book upon my hands.

New, and yet to be discovered.
--- Celine Choo