21. Jacob have I loved by Katherine Paterson

Ohkay.
I thought this book would be one of the most boring books I would ever read. Changed my mind afterwards. .it's not one of those books where you want to read it over and over and over and over and... It's not a totally boring book, either.

I could, almost, understand Sara. Sara, should I call her? Or Wheeze? Maybe Sara sounds professional. Not that I'm a professional writer or anything... Anyway, Katherine Paterson wrote it so well, you can almost feel her anger (and guilt, or is it even guilt?). From Sara's point of view, I didn't like Caroline. But I thought, maybe she meant well. But then there's when she gets all charming or becomes unkind to Sara. Almost like some of the people in my school. Get all sweet and kind in front of the teacher, and when he turns his back,,, oh... she gets mean. But, there's that part of me that says Caroline might be all innocent. But Sara must have felt so -alone and not-paid-attention-to, you would say. Since it is from Sara's point of view, you can't help hating Caroline, the least bit, at least. If it was from Caroline's point of view, things would be different. Way different. They never care for Sara that much. It's always, "Caroline... Caroline... Caroline... Caroline this, Caroline that... Oh, our dear poor, dear Caroline..." And it was literally from birth that Caroline always got the attention. And when Sara says, "What about me?" they would think, "her, oh, whatever... ... but oh, Caroline..."
             I'm sure her parents cared for her but didn't show it as much, but the Grandma was so mean. She just didn't care. Though by the end, she seemed - to have... lost her marbles. She was coming up with queer theories and reasons why things were happening as it was.
            But, Sara had Call. I imagined Call as kind of short, chubby, kind, small eyes.... But not - ugly/hideous. And it was funny how he didn't get Sara's jokes and criticized them. Well, I guess not funny. Just queer. Call was very too religious. It was funny how he laughed his head off at the Captain's jokes. And I imagined the Captain as short, and mysterious looking. And that's all. Not much imagination there. But I can  almost see him, know him, but yet i don't know how he looks like.
            I was surprised to find that Sara wanted to become a doctor. I thought she wanted to do something on the sea, since she seemed to go fishing every day, and she didn't seem to mind it, either.
            I noticed that the story was "re-lived," when the twins were born in the end. How one was sickly and got all the attention, and how the other was just fine. I hope these twins don't have a regretful hateful life from each other...

Good story.... recommended. And I think it got the Newberry Award, too...