SSB- The Witch of Blackbird Pond

A very surprising thought, indeed, that a historical fiction book which won the newberry award with a normal boring cover written in the old sort of style about a historical time period would be, actually, fun. Now, besides the last four words of the prior sentence, it seems like an extremely boring, dreadful book that drones on about "tis this" and "tis that" and "twas this" and "twas that", but it actually was sort of suspenseful and fun. I found myself reading beyond chapter two, and I thought I was on chapter three, but it turned out I was on chapter four. So, so far, it isn't a bad or dissapointing book. Better than I thought, actually, because I thought it'd be best to force myself to read such boring book (I thought this before reading this, you must presume and also understand),  so that I wouldn't just leave it there on the shelf until it was due two weeks later at the library.
So, what book I'm talking about is called (of course you might have caught on)
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by (searches on Google because too lazy to find the book herself) Elizabeth George Speare.
It's purely historical fiction; I wouldn't be surprised if there was a girl named Kit who was suspected of being a witch; (anyhow, that's beside the point, so) it's about those times in the US history when everyone was quite religious, and Puritan was The Way, if you know what I mean, and people got very tense about witches and wizards and killed you if you were a witch or a wizard.
Now, how they proved that was very inevitable. In the way that,
if you were suspected, first, you'd be put to the test if you were a witch or not.
That is, to drown you in the water.
And, if you floated, swam, or didn't drown, you were a witch (or a wizard).
If you drowned, well, too bad, an innocent fellow at the bottom of the pond.

Sad, isn't it?
So this girl, Kit, lived in England, and she learned to swim there, of course, she lived on an island. Barbados, or something of the likely. Anyhow, she moves unexpectedly to her Aunt Rachel's house (without telling her first, just sort of barging in saying 'and by the way, I'm going to live here from now on) and on the way swims (in an adventure you'd have to read to find out), which causes mass suspicion (one person, mainly, actually).
That's as far as I got.
The End.