Hoot

Not once, not even once, not even in tiny little lettering, hidden in page 134, in the bottom right corner (don't be dense enough to actually check), not even, once, was hoot mentioned in the book. I think. (If you do, well... oh well.) Not that I remember. And when it comes to books, I can almost never forget. (Please note that nobody is perfect therefore I myself am not even sure if I have bookographic memory )

I was smiling almost all through the book. Never mind, not through the WHOLE book; that's a wierd image to put in your head, but anyway, do you know how good it was? I woke up, deliberately, thanks to my loyal alarm clock, to read it. At eight or eight ten or eight thirty or...  around eight. In the morning. And I finished it in two days.

Such a great book.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is at the level. It would make you laugh. Beatrice's unexpected loyalty, Roy's sarcastic sense of humor, Dana's stupidity, it all weaves into a funny, hilarious, but yet, a story that can wake you up.

At first, I didn't want to read it. I could have read it a long time ago, when I was looking around. The cover was appealing. Two eyes and an upside-down triangle. Hoot. But then the back cover, the one that tells part-of-the-story, it wasn't that appealing. No, it was unappealing. To me. First of all, potty trained alligators? Snakes with unusually sparkling tails, whatsoever. It sounded like some kind of educational book about the Everglades.
Turns out you can never judge a book by its cover, and that means the back cover and the flaps included.

I liked Beatrice because of her unexpected loyalty. The first impression of her bumping into Roy on the school bus and then being all mean during lunch to not go after the running boy, you'd think she'll never care about him, tell him a thing, or even, negotiate, as Roy says, like civilized people. (I'd thought Roy'd have some missing front teeth by that time, but suprisingly, Beatrice could hold her temper, maybe pour it onto her mooshed sandwich.)

I knew right on that Beatrice had something to do with the running boy. She was so... sensitive about Roy's curiosity about him. Obvious. But never, had I thought, she would be... siblings with him.
          My favorite parts were where Roy, so bravely, "negotiated" with the bullies. Beatrice and Dana. How he dealt with Beatrice in the lunch room, and Dana a few times,,, (hilarious)...Especially the first accountance with Dana at his house. When his mother found out Roy was the "little twerp who messed up his face."
         The best parts were the parts where Roy was in the story. The parts with Officer Delinko wasn't as great.
          I want to be like Roy. He's so... brave, as in daring. And righteous. He's an expert on dealing with thugs or ruffians like Dana. Though I can't believe he has that much power to mess up Dana's face.
 The story's so Random and Funny. I know why, though. I think I know why. 'Cause there's a lot of funny situations.
         The names were funny, too. Actually, only Chuck Muckle. I thought it would be a good name for a clown. If you switched the first letters. Muck Chuckle. Just saying it out loud makes you laugh.

         My favorite part was when Beatrice and Roy and Mother Paula and all the others holding hands, blocking the Chuck Muckle dude from un-digging up Mullet Fingers (Napoleon Bridger Leep). It was so... satisfying, to see them all stand up for what's right and block what's wrong.
        It kind of seemed surprising that so many kids would show up just for owls. But then, that's good, and it shows they all care.
    
I wondered, if news reporters were like that. Because on TV, they seem so... professional and unlikely to be nosy and all that. You would think they just get to the facts, don't bother you, and leave. You would think they'd get all the details right and they're always telling the truth and only the truth.
But in the books, they're always the nosy ones and the ones that make it seem as though they were NOT to blame, as much the damage they did themselves. For example, in Hoot, the news reporter, in the end, said they knew no such thing about how there were owls living in there. Obviously, they knew.
         And, there's the movie Hoot, based on the book Hoot, and it was made in 2006, and I'm having a hard time finding it. (Anyone who knows where to download it without making any usernames or that sort, please tell me!!!!) But anyway, the information is here just so you know, so if you've read the book, always try watching the movie!

         I hope people become to be more like Napoleon Bridger Leep (Mullet Fingers), Beatrice, or Roy, by caring for the environment and standing up to it no matter what the obstacles are.
For one, watching CNN will be more exciting, and for another, the environment has more people on their side, meaning less pollution and less garbage and litter.
      Hope you people out there, learn your lesson, if you did litter or do any of the ignorant things many people do (let's hope I'm wrong, that actually, not many people do this...).

Long Life The World! (and books)