Whatever Happened To Janie by Caroline B. Cooney

There are three steps to do before reading this entry.

First, you have to know, before reading this book, that there's a first book, The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney.
Then, you read it. (Go on, to the library, Barnes and Noble, check your bookshelf...)
Then, you go to www.lovereadwrite.blogspot.com and then read the entry "Whatever happened To Janie by Caroline B. Cooney"

Done? Well, technically, you're not done, because you haven't read the whole entry yet. So...
here goes.


Here are the facts:
Janie, as you may know, (if you followed my instructions), was kidnapped. By Hannah, the girl, daughter of Frank and Miranda Jonstone (or Johnstone or Jonstohne or however you spell it). She joins the cult, a religious and very strict group in which once you join, you follow no matter what. Hannah somehow kidnaps Janie.
That brings us back to her kidnappance. Frank and Miranda Jonstone (or Johnstone or Jonstohne or however you spell it) doesn't know that. They think that Janie is Hannah's daughter. They change their name to Frank and Miranda Johnson and move to Connecticut (if they weren't already in Connecticut).

And now, this is all found out, and Janie is actually Jennie Spring, her family living in New Jersey. And now, her parents want her to come home, to where she should have been, for twelve years.
  
         I really wanted Janie and her family, her real family, to get along well, to be like a real family, to forget about the past. It was harder than I thought, "adjusting" to the new "environment." She wanted to be back with her other family. Anybody would. At first, I hadn't realized that, but what about you? What if you found out that your parents aren't your parents, they're a total stranger, and your real parents are living a whole state away, worrying about you all the time? Anyone would want their "real" parents, the one they grew up with, the one they loved, until someone told you the truth.
         I liked Jodie. She's like the "ideal sister." I don't have a sister, just a pestering brother four years younger, whom, even he would probably admit, you can't be best friends with. But then, I have a family friend, a very close family friend that we grew up together, she's just two years younger and we're practically sisters. I can call that kind of sisters, but then, a real sister would actually be different.
I'm guessing.
         Part of the reason I liked Jodie was because she was very loving. She loved her family, loved her brothers, loved Jennie -until she met her. I would have felt the very same. Angry, mad, to see my very sister, the one I was supposed to be sharing a room with, breaking my mom's heart, being selfish, mean to the family, acting like a stranger. Though I wouldn't have thrown a chair, but all the same.
        
         Every time Jodie and Janie or just Janie was acting very mean against the family, restraining herself from being Jennie Spring, I would wish, please, Janie, be Jennie, for once, make the family feel better, forget about the horrible past.
         Mr. and Mrs. Spring were very nice parents. In fact,  I would prefer them as parents rather than Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, if I had a choice between the two (though I'd much rather stay with my real parents). Mr. Spring is nice, and he's like a big teddy bear, always ready to be hugged. Mrs. Spring is kind, very nice, loves her children dearly.

         I was angry to read that she went back to Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. But then I knew, there would be the next book, and I hoped that she would go back to her real family once and for all.
Don't you?